1. What is SIGN’s federal tax ID number?
2. Where does SIGN get its funding?
We are supported by donations from individuals and corporations, fundraising efforts by civic groups – such as Kiwanis and Rotary, and grants from private foundations.
3. Is SIGN a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization? Is my donation tax-deductible?
We are recognized as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your donation is tax-deductible.
4. Where do I mail my check?
SIGN Fracture Care International
451 Hills Street, Suite B
Richland, WA 99354 USA
5. Does SIGN offer an online method for donations?
Yes. Click on the “Donate Now” button located on our website. You can choose to give both one-time or recurring donations via credit card or PayPal.
6. What do I do if I make a mistake while donating online (wrong amount, duplicate donation)?
Lori Maier, Fund Development Supervisor, is happy to help you make the correction. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Is my online donation secure?
8. Can I donate in a currency other than US dollars?
We accept donations in US and Canadian dollars only.
9. Can I make a donation of stock, bonds, or mutual funds?
Yes. You can transfer stock, bonds, or mutual funds directly into our investment account at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. Our policy is to divest donated stock, bonds, and mutual funds immediately upon receipt of the donation; thus, it is important that you inform us of your plan to transfer the investment, providing the name of the stock and the number of shares you plan to transfer. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Can I give through a donor advised fund?
Yes. Contact your advisor to initiate the process and then please contact Ginnette Ernst, Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Can I designate my donation for a specific hospital/country?
Yes. Although we prefer unrestricted donations so that we can apply funds to the areas where the needs are greatest, we certainly appreciate a donor’s interest in a particular hospital or country. When making your contribution, please indicate clearly the specific hospital or country of choice.
12. Does SIGN accept in-kind donations?
Yes. We accept donations of certain medical supplies. Due to various export regulations, we cannot accept all types of medical supplies. Please contact email@example.com PRIOR TO donating and confirm that we will be able to accept your donation.
13. Can I hold a fundraiser for SIGN?
Absolutely! Donors have held a “Party with a Purpose” when they celebrated their birthday, anniversary, wedding, or other gift giving holiday. They simply ask their guests to donate to SIGN in lieu of gifts. For more information and to sign up, visit the Fundraise page.
14. Does SIGN offer planned giving?
We can accept donations from bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable trusts, and retirement assets. Please consult with your attorney, accountant, and/or financial planner to initiate a planned giving gift. Questions should be directed to Sandy Brown, Business Administration Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Can I make my donation as a tribute in honor or memory of someone?
Yes. At your request, we will mail a letter to the honoree or family of a memorial gift.
16. Will SIGN accept a matching gift from my company?
Yes. Each company has different rules to obtain a matching gift. You will need to work with your company’s Human Resources/Accounting Department to apply for a match. Questions? Contact email@example.com to see if your company is currently offering a matching program, or if you would like to partner with SIGN to implement a matching program.
17. Will I receive a receipt for my donation?
Yes. Depending on the nature of the donation, you will receive a receipt at the time of the donation or within three weeks of the donation. Should you not receive information needed for tax purposes, please contact Lori Maier, Fund Development Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. What percentage of a donation goes to program activities?
We are proud of our operational efficiency and minimal fundraising and administrative expenses. We meet the independent evaluation standards of Charity Navigator, from whom we have received a Four Star rating – their highest, and Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance, from whom we have been accredited having met all twenty standards. In 2018, 89% of our expenditures went to program activities.
19. Does SIGN undergo an annual financial audit?
Yes, we are audited annually by Northwest CPA Group, PLLC and consistently receive unmodified opinions.
20. How do I limit mail and email from SIGN?
In addition to thank you letters/donation receipts, we distribute a newsletter, appeal letters, and information about fundraising events. We can limit your mailings – USPS and/or electronic – to your preference. Please indicate your preferences when making a donation.